Use Common Sense. These rules are put into place in order to better the RPG aspect of the server and to make things an equal opportunity across the board. We shouldn't have to list every single thing that you can and cannot do. Basically, if you think you might get into trouble for doing something, you probably shouldn't do it, or just ask us first.
Town and Property Rules
- No Griefing: Do not place or break ANY type of blocks in player owned settlements, dungeons, or points of interest.
- Staff will not respawn your gear if lost or stolen.
- No Duplicating, Glitching, Cheating, Exploiting, etc.
- MEDIEVAL/FANTASY THEME builds only!
- We use a custom terrain map that our team worked tirelessly on (almost 2 years!). Keep the environment nice, no land scarring things like giant craters or flattening mountains. No 1x1 cobblestone/dirt pillars and scaffolds everywhere. They're ugly to look at so destroy them if you are done using them.
- Avoid chopping down the massive custom trees if you can. Feel free to use the Default vanilla trees as resources instead.
- No infinite/automatic redstone pulse machines of any kind. They lag and crash the game.
- No mob grinders allowed (giant boxes designed to spawn and gather lots of mobs at once for easy kills). They are deemed unfit for role play.
- NO CREATIVE MODE
- Admins are NOT to use their powers to give themselves an advantage in-game. This includes flying to build things or turning invisible/flying to evade danger. Admins may only use their powers to monitor the game and help build community structures (dungeons, points of interest, etc). Never for personal gain and never for a friend.
- In the "Have you read the Rules?" question in the application form, reply with "MR. SHADY LIVES" or your application will be denied without warning or notice. Also in the "Bio" section of the application, avoid using back stories about you being an orphan. It's pretty generic and lazy.
- Help weed out the toxic players! Report any problems or rule breaking to staff.
- The map border will kill you. Dont attempt to cross it (we use an 8000 x 8000 block sized map. That's fairly big!)
Town and Property Rules
- Players can build almost anywhere they want for free. However, you can be griefed until a "Town Charter" is purchased.
- Allow roughly 100 block distance between towns/cities, and points of interest.
- A Town Charter can be purchased from the Host for any town, settlement, or build. This grants protection from grief.
- --- Tier 1 plots: 32x32 block claim. Small and basic. 5k Emeralds.
--- Tier 2 plots: Needs approval from admins. We will judge your build based on our 5 principles of building (click the spoiler down below) Block claim is expanded to suite your needs. Build within reason. For example, if you are the ONLY person living in this plot frequently, you cannot expand your plot size to a massive city. Roleplay a bit. Only build for however many people are living with you (or close to that). Cost is an additional 5k emeralds. Tier 2 plot owners ALSO gain access to unique modded villagers to settle in their plot!
- Laws can be made by and broken by anyone (stealing, killing, etc). Rules on the other hand are enforced by Aurafall staff and if broken, have dire consequences (suspension, ban, etc for griefing, cheating, exploiting glitches).
- You can combine plots with other players IF they allow it.
- No block stacking or towering to get over another players wall or builds. This may be seen as griefing and isn't exactly considered fit for "roleplay".
- Players can steal from chests on your property as a means of role-playing a thief, however players CANNOT break blocks that are concealing hidden chests. This means you can safely hide your chest and goods under floor boards or in hidden rooms. Our rule is, if the chest CANNOT be seen, then technically it "doesn't exist" to the thief unless there is an obvious way to get to it. Players caught breaking blocks to get into hidden rooms, houses, or floorboards WILL be considered griefers and banned immediately upon discovery.