Use Common Sense. These rules are put into place in order to better the RPG aspect of the server and to make things an equal opportunity across the board. We shouldn't have to list every single thing that you can and cannot do. Basically, if you think you might get into trouble for doing something, you probably shouldn't do it, or just ask us first.
Town and Property Rules
- Do not grief
- Do not place or remove ANY kind of blocks in Dungeons or Points of Interest (Places that have refillable loot chests, traps, and lore). This includes torches, redstone traps, water/lava blocks, and placing blocks to make bridges or towers to climb over stuff. DON'T DO IT. It's considered cheating.
- Staff will not respawn your gear if lost or stolen.
- No Duplicating, Glitching, Cheating, Exploiting, etc.
- MEDIEVAL/FANTASY THEME builds only!
- We use a custom terrain map that our team worked tirelessly on. Keep the environment nice, no land scarring things like giant craters or flattening perfectly good mountains. No 1x1 cobblestone/dirt pillars and scaffolds everywhere. They're ugly to look at so destroy them if you are done using them.
- Avoid chopping down the massive custom trees if you can. Feel free to use the Default vanilla trees as resources instead.
- No infinite/automatic redstone pulse machines of any kind. They lag and crash the game.
- No mob grinders allowed (giant boxes designed to spawn and gather lots of mobs at once for easy kills). They are deemed unfit for role play.
- NO CREATIVE MODE
- Admins are NOT to use their powers to give themselves an advantage in-game. This includes flying to build things or turning invisible/flying to evade danger. Admins may only use their powers to monitor the game and help build community structures (dungeons, points of interest, etc). Never for personal gain.
- In the "Have you read the Rules?" question in the application form, reply with "MR. SHADY LIVES" or your application will be denied without warning or notice.
- Help weed out the toxic players! Report any problems or rule breaking to staff.
- Do not attempt to leave the map's intended boundary. Players caught scaffolding the sides of the map (that hovers over the Void) will be removed from the game.
Town and Property Rules
- Players can build anywhere they want for free. However, you can be griefed until a "Town Charter" is purchased.
- Allow roughly 100 block distance between towns/cities, and points of interest.
- A Town Charter can be purchased from the Host for any town, settlement, or build. This grants protection from grief.
--- Tier 1 plots: 50x50 block protection. Small and basic. 10K Emeralds.
--- Tier 2 plots: "Limitless" build space, but must not exceed your needs. Must first prove you are an amazing builder to achieve this tier.
- There is a difference between laws of the game and rules of the game. Laws can be made up and enforced by anyone, and also broken by anyone in the game without a worry of being banned. Rules on the other hand are enforced by Aurafall staff and if broken, have dire consequences (suspension, ban, etc).
- You can combine plots with other players IF they allow it.
- No block stacking or towering to get over another players wall or builds. This may be seen as griefing and isn't exactly considered fit for "roleplay".
- Players can steal from chests on your property as a means of role-playing a thief, however players CANNOT break blocks that are concealing hidden chests. This means you can safely hide your chest and goods under floor boards or in hidden rooms. Our rule is, if the chest CANNOT be seen, then technically it "doesn't exist" to the thief unless there is an obvious way to get to it. Players caught breaking blocks to get into hidden rooms, houses, or floorboards WILL be considered griefers and banned immediately upon discovery.